Student of the Month
Criteria for Student of the Month
The Student of the Month program aims to promote student success inside and outside of the classroom. Banner County School’s mission is dedicated to preparing our students for the “world of tomorrow.” When we acknowledge our students as engaged, respectful citizens of our school community, we encourage their participation and contribution as citizens in a democratic society. Students of the Month demonstrate good character, best effort, and kindness. This award is designed to nominate and select students who promote and take pride in Banner County School and in themselves.
All students from Kindergarten through 12th grade are eligible to receive the Student of the Month award. A student cannot receive the award more than once within a year. In order to be considered for an award, students must not be failing any classes or have any discipline referrals for that month. To be nominated as Student of the Month, the candidate should meet at least 3 of the criteria listed below:
- Shows improvement in and/or meets learning standards
- Maintains good attendance or has improved attendance
- Exemplifies good character traits
- Shows excellent or improved behavior
- Displays a positive attitude toward others and/or learning
- Exemplifies good citizenship or improvement in citizenship
- Participates to the best of his/her ability in the classroom
- Demonstrates responsibility
- Respects peers, teachers, staff, and self
- Is kind and caring to others
Students will be nominated by the teachers and staff. Each month the staff will be reminded of the nominations and sent an email to reply with the names of students for the month. Final decision for each month’s Students of the Month (K-6 and 7-12) will be made at a faculty meeting.
The selected students’ picture and name will be posted on the school web-site. The students will be asked to complete an age appropriate questionnaire to provide information about themselves for the web-site and Board presentation. The administration will present a Student of the Month certificate to the students at the Board Meeting. The students will attend an end-of-year celebration as a final recognition for their achievement.